Saturday, October 25, 2008

The birth of our miracle boys




Sunday October 5th started out like every other day for the past two weeks that I spent in the hospital since being admitted at 3 cm dilated and 100% effaced. My contractions were seemingly stabilized and the doctors were discussing the possibility of releasing me to home bedrest on Monday when I would be exactly 25 weeks along in the pregnancy. Around lunch time, the contractions began increasingly in frequency but were still atleast an hour apart so I wasn't alarmed at all. However, as the day progressed, so did the contractions and when 5:00 rolled around, I knew something was terribly wrong. The contractions were not only increasing in frequency but were becoming painful. The doctor finally insisted on checking my cervix and surprisingly I was still around 3 cm dilated but he moved me from the antepartum unit back to labor & delivery just to be on the safe side. Good thing he did because things went from bad to worse very quickly after that. By 7:00 I was in tears in the worst pain of my life and when the doctor checked me again I had progressed to 5 cm dilated and there was no stopping labor at this juncture. They immediately ordered an emergency c-section and our little angels were born shortly thereafter at 7:51 p.m. and 7:52 p.m.

No comments: